Wednesday, July 17, 2013

This 'n That

 photo 7-08-13FirePit001_zps9f1cdeb0.jpg
Tonight I've been looking at the website for Lutheran Island Camp quite a bit.  I'm bringing Emma to Horse Camp there this coming weekend.  Truth be told, I'm getting a bit nervous for her.  I'm hoping and praying it will be a great experience for her.  She's really excited, but now that it's getting closer she's feeling a little nervous too.  It's only for two nights and not even 48 hours.  AND I'm staying nearby in the area the whole time instead of driving the 3 hours home again.  I'm hoping there will be no tears or clutching me when it's time for me to leave as there has been in other circumstances with other things.  But she's older now and has been really, really excited for this camp.

Jack's been doing some lawn mowing this summer and making some money.  As a result of proving himself a responsible worker, he has another opportunity tomorrow morning to earn some more money sweeping out a garage for a lady (actually a relative) from church.  He's appreciating having a means of earning some money and being able to show that he's responsible.  I'm proud that he is doing those things too.  It encourages me as I see it as another way he's growing up.  Did you know he's taller than me now?  Just barely, but he is.  I actually look up to look in his eyes.

Today a blog post I found on pinterest inspired me to do a little rearranging of shelves in my house.  Meaning moving around and regrouping the things on those shelves. My porch is still getting lovely touches.  My husband repainted the window trim a darker blue because we weren't really diggin' the light blue.  It looks great.  I can't wait for our furniture to come.  The slipcovers were delivered the other day so I hope that means the couch is almost here.
 photo 7-08-13FirePit048_zpsfa4000cd.jpg
I am completely addicted to the game Candy Crush Saga and just absolutely cannot get past Level 65.  And it makes my phone power down and back on frequently, but I still play it.

The other night just as I was about to turn out the light and go to sleep a spider landed on my forehead.  Talk about giving me the heebie jeebies.  Yuck! Also, the other day at Walmart, I heard an announcement that the person who was looking for the electric wine opener could come back to the service desk.  They'd found it.  That struck me as funny.  How much wine does one drink that they need an electric wine opener?   In a related note, I've already bought a few school supplies.  Just a few.  And mostly I bought folders and notebooks for Jack. Because he's supposed to have specific colors for specific subjects.  I've found that if I don't get on those color coded things early, then they get rather picked over.  But I am in no way ready for school to start yet.  Absolutely not.  Even though I've nearly lost it a few times this week due to children bickering.  It hasn't been bad for that this summer.  Just getting a little bit more frequent lately.
 photo 2013-07-12_21-06-38_765_zps0b5dde3c.jpg
We've had swim meets and baseball games and general lazy days of summer.  Ice cream, sunscreen, and bug spray. Sleepovers, sleeping in, and hanging out.  I love summer!

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

No comments: