Saturday, March 16, 2013

Husband at Work

I've been going to the high school a lot lately to play piano.  I've been accompanying for choirs and there's a piece that my husband is having me play along with band.  It's been fun to get to know the students better.  Of course they know my name better than I know theirs.  I'm more comfortable being in elementary classrooms than high school classrooms.  But I not in charge when I'm accompanying.  And I find, that the older my son gets the more comfortable I am around the older kids.   A benefit to going to the high school often lately is getting to watch my husband work.  He definitely has a no-nonsense approach, but it seems to work well.  He does a great job.  In fact he just took his bands to contest and both groups received superior ratings. I'm so thankful to have a husband who values hard work, and is not only competent, but very successful at what he does.  I'll be spending lots more time at the school in the coming month.  Giving me more opportunities to get to know the students and watch my husband work.

No comments: