Monday, December 3, 2012

Gifts Under the Tree Already?

I think I have most of the gifts I need to get already purchased.  There are a few things left.  For some reason I've felt an urgency to get all the shopping done.  I feel like I'm running out of time, but really I'm not.  Yesterday at our church, the Sunday School program held the annual Blue Moose Caboose.  I don't know why it's called that, but the kids have so much fun with it.  Members of the congregation bring in garage sale type items to be set up as a store for the Sunday School kids to shop at.  They bring their nickles, dimes, quarters, and dollars and are allowed to buy gifts for their family members.  Emma spent a total of $2.24 for gifts for Pete, me, and Jack.  And she was so excited by her purchases.  The teachers and other helpers get all the gifts boxed up and wrapped so the kids can keep their gifts a secret until present day.  Emma has so much fun!  She gets to do it one more year before she ages out.  I really wish that we would've been able to participate in something like this earlier.  It's such a great idea.  So Emma's gifts for us are already under the tree.  I've done a little bit of wrapping, and don't think I'm going to put any of those gifts under the tree until we get closer to Christmas.  Have you finished your shopping?

No comments: